Congress History - ECSS Jyväskylä 2007
- Total number of congress participants: 1421
- Total number of participating countries: 51
- Plenary sessions 4
- Invited symposia 36
- Thematic sessions 69
- Poster presentations 729
Scientific highlights – plenary sessions
- Why exercise? What have we learned since 2000?
- Genes and stem cells; relevance to sport and health sciences?
- Motor control and/or motor learning?
- Health-enhancing physical activity (HEPA)
ECSS Young Investigators Award 2007
- Total of YIA applicants: 143
- Total of YIA participants: 140
- Andries Pottier (BEL)
- Ingrid Egner (NOR)
The 12th annual congress of the European College of Sport Science – ECSS Jyväskylä 2007 was held in the congress and trade centre Jyväskylä Paviljonki, which was considerably expanded since 2000, when the 5th annual ECSS Congress was organized. This modern centre was centrally located within the city, which allowed easy access to a wide variety of hotels, shops and restaurants.
More ECSS Jyväskylä 2007 images on Flickr - here.