Congress History - ECSS Manchester 1998
- Total number of congress participants: 744
- Total number of participating countries: 36
- Plenary sessions 4
- Parallel invited sessions
- Poster discussions
Scientific highlights – plenary sessions
FROM COMMUNITY HEALTH TO ELITE SPORT 1998
- Epidemiology, health and exercise: how has epidemiology shaped our attitude to exercise?
- Exercise on prescription: is it a real alternative or a passing fashion?
- Physical education, sport and children
- Biological response to training from a time course perspective
ECSS Young Investigators Award 1998
- Taija Finni (FIN)
- Polly McCarthy (GBR)
The 3rd annual congress of the European College of Sport Science – ECSS Manchester 1998 was held at G-Mex Exhibition and Event Centre as well as the adjacent Holiday Inn Crowne Plaza Midland Hotel in the heart of Manchester city centre. Both offered excellent service and full conference facilities.