Abstracts submitted in nutrition in the presentation format oral may opt in to apply for the GSSI Nutrition Award during the abstract submission process.
The Gatorade Sport Science Institute (GSSI) is the Official ECSS Sports Performance Hydration and Nutrition Platinum Partner. With this award, GSSI is promoting research in the field of nutrition and hydration.
- ECSS membership payment
- There is no age limit and candidates should all be Master’s or PhD level students
- The research has relevance to nutrition and hydration
- GSSI Nutrition Award winners are not eligible for the following year's competition
- The work is original and has not been published, or accepted for publication, at the time of the ECSS abstract submission deadline (extended to 7 May 2021)
- Employees of GSSI are ineligible to enter the GSSI Nutrition Award
- Research that is directly funded by GSSI is not eligible for entry to the respective award
- A YIA award winner cannot be at the same time a GSSI award winner and vice versa
- Abstract quality
- The presentation (oral) has been carefully prepared, using appropriate and high-quality visual means, and is well organised/structured
- High quality of oral presentation
- The background and rationale for the study is clearly described
- The methodology is well described, the statistical analysis appropriate and the data are solid
- The presenter justifies the conclusions based on the data and the relevant literature
- There is a clear take-home message at the end
- The work is advancing current knowledge
All abstracts will be reviewed by two independent experts in the field to be nominated by the ECSS. A third reviewer will be an expert scientist in the field representing the sponsor.
- Abstracts submitted in the topic of nutrition in the presentation format oral and poster may opt-in to apply for the Nutrition Award
- Abstracts have to be submitted by 7 May 2021 (ECSS abstract submission deadline)
- Among all applications, the top 5 will go to the final round
- The 5 finalists will present their work during the congress in the oral format in front of the award panel.
- The panel will need to come to a mutual decision about the winners of the GSSI Nutrition Award
- The winners will be awarded during the GSSI Award Ceremony. Attendance is mandatory for finalists
- Important notice: A YIA award winner cannot be at the same time a GSSI award winner and vice versa
- 1st Place: 3.000 €
- 2nd Place: 1.500 €
- 3rd Place: 500 €
In the event the conference is canceled or postponed, ECSS and GSSI will determine in our discretion an appropriate way to honor winners.