At every ECSS congress, ECSS and its official publishing partner, Wiley, offer travel grants of €600 each for up to five ECSS Young Investigators Award (YIA) candidates. During the online abstract submission process, applicants for the YIA have the opportunity to opt in for the YIA travel grant. The applicant must fulfill the following requirements:
- The applicant is not a former YIA travel grant winner.
- The applicant has successfully submitted an abstract for a YIA presentation at the annual congress (Notification of acceptance on 2 April 2024).
- The applicant uploaded a proof of a university affiliation that appears on the DAC List of ODA Recipients during abstract submission.
- The applicant uploaded a proof of current residence in a country that appears on the DAC List of ODA Recipients during abstract submission.
- The applicant paid the full registration fee before receiving the YIA travel grant money.
Following a review of all YIA applications by the ECSS Scientific Board and ECSS Scientific Committee, YIA travel grants are then selected according to the results of the YIA’s abstract selection process and offered to candidates.